hello and welcome to my blog. my inbox is open if you want to talk. I reblog w.e floats my boat or tickles my fancy
1. If it feels wrong, don’t do it.
2. Say “exactly” what you mean.
3. Don’t be a people pleaser.
4. Trust your instincts.
5. Never speak badly about yourself.
6. Never give up on your dreams.
7. Don’t be afraid to say “no”.
8. Don’t be afraid to say “yes”.
9. Resist the need to always have control.
10. Stay away from drama and negativity – as much as possible.
Source: Lessons Learned in Life
For days where you feel unproductive, here are 5 possible self help tips. These tips are most suitable for individuals who have something to do, but just feel like not doing it.
1. Find out why you are feeling or being unproductive. Jot down a list of reasons or explanations. Attach as many emotional words to each. For example, I am feeling ‘lazy’ because I am tired. Why are you tired? I am tired, because I have too much to do and I don’t know where to begin. Once you have a list of explanations, come up with a creative solution for each. For example, to overcome ‘stress’ from having too much to do, I will begin with the smaller task first. By starting with a smaller task first, I hope that it helps me build momentum.
2. Once you’ve diagnosed your problem and came up with a solution, start executing your solutions. If your solutions are working, that’s good! Keep at them. If it does not, perhaps, you have to go back and re-evaluate the list of explanations and solutions you’ve came up with. Check if you’ve missed an explanation that you failed to address. Evaluate why the solution might not be working. For example, you might learn that ‘starting with a smaller task’ didn’t help because you were actually working a task irrelevant to the bigger picture. And this keeps you from building momentum.
- Get some cheap dishes and break them when you get upset.
- Learn how to say “NO” and don’t feel guilty about it
- Buy something frivolous for yourself once in awhile, like a new hat.
- Never again do anything you don’t want to do.
that’s damn good advice
the same shrink who told me to stab teddy bears told me number one. I still break goodwill dshes when I am pissed